He who knows one religion knows none. – Max Müller
He who knows me as unborn, as the beginningless, as the Supreme Lord of all the lords he, undeluded among men, is freed from all sins. – Krishna
A monk sees the Dharma and seeing the Dharma he sees me. – Gautama Buddha
When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. – Jesus Christ
In its historical form, as a mode of doctrine, life and order, he Christian religion cannot be the one to which the truth belongs, per se – not even if that form be the Reformed. – Karl Barth
It pleased the Divine Power to reveal some of the most important articles of our Catholic creed first to the Zoroastrians…. – L. H. Mills
FROM THIS ARTICLE – http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/ngier/gre5.htm
SEE ALSO – HERE
If you are committed to helping peace come about please convey this alternative stance and policy to your politicians.
It is developed by a man brave enough to go, with his son, and spend 10 days inside ISIL the Islamic State. Every government should appoint him as their number one advisor.
His advice includes;
‘first know your enemy’, (Western leaders are making foolish mistakes out of ignorance),
we must win the ideology war especially by showing young muslims that ISIL is deeply anti-islamic and in complete contradiction to the Koran,
Muslims have to sort out the mess not outsiders,
Western aggression only adds fuel to the fire.
The link below is for those in the UK – if you are elsewhere look on YouTube or Google Jürgen Todenhöfer.
UK HARDTALK IS HERE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b060lmb4/hardtalk-jurgen-todenhofer-writer-and-filmmaker
A brief bio is HERE – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Todenh%C3%B6fer
Is this the ultimate coal face of ‘interfaith as inter-spiritual living’?
Within the One Garden model of ‘interfaith as inter-spiritual living’ we see the core teachings of the world’s great traditions very simply as; Awaken more, Detach from ego more, and Serve others better. Awaken is the realization of awareness Ono excellent contemporary spiritual teacher is Rupert Spira. In this video he answers the question; “What is awareness?’
Jean Klein was Francis Lucille’s teacher who in turn was Rupert Spira’s teacher.
See also – http://www.stillnessspeaks.com/jean_klein
Jean Klein’s teacher was known as Panditji Rao but I can’t find anything about him – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Klein_%28spiritual_teacher%29
Silence is an ocean. Speech is a river. – Rumi
… to acquire the sciences and arts is the greatest glory of mankind, this is so only on condition that man’s river floweth into the mighty Sea, and draweth from God’s ancient source His inspiration….. – `Abdu’l-Bahá
1) Best introduction – https://universalistspirit.wordpress.com/about/extracts-from-interspirituality-bridging-the-religious-and-spiritual-traditions-of-the-world-by-william-keepin/
NB the whole of the book in which Keepin’s superb piece is free online HERE –http://www.satyana.org/pdf/SongoftheEartheBook.pdf
2) Mysticism as the Crossing of Ultimate Boundaries – by Wayne Teasdale –http://csp.org/experience/docs/teasdale-mysticism.html
3) The Mystical Core of Organized Religion – David Steindl-Rast – http://csp.org/experience/docs/steindl-mystical.html
4) Aldous Huxley’s Perennial Philosophy is HERE – http://whitecrowbooks.com/books/feature/the_perennial_philosophy_by_aldous_huxley/
See also –https://archive.org/stream/perennialphilosp035505mbp#page/n5/mode/2up
You might also enjoy;
FARHANG JARHANPOUR – http://irfancolloquia.org/pdf/lights8_jahanpour.pdf
Introduction to the Bhagavad-Gita (Translation of Bhagavad-Gita by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood.) by Aldous Huxley – http://parvati.tripod.com/perennial.html
3 papers by Leroy Jones;
- Knowledge, Certitude and the Mystical Heart: The Hidden Essence of God’s Word, by LeRoy Jones, in Lights of Irfan, Book 3 (2002). Published Articles.
- Mystic Cup, The: Essential Mystical Nature of the Bahá’í Faith, by LeRoy Jones, in Lights of Irfan, Book 2 (2001). Published Articles.
- Mystical Aspects of the Baha’i Faith as presented in the Seven Valleys, by LeRoy Jones (1998). Mystical aspects of the Bahá’í Faith are of paramount importance and may sometimes get overlooked in favor of its social aspects. Essays and short articles.
The Beginning that Hath No Beginning: Bahá’í Cosmogony by Vahid Brown http://irfancolloquia.org/pdf/lights3_brown.pdf
TAGS: Aldous Huxley, interspirituality, Perennial Philosophy, inter-spirituality, interfaith, interfaith as inter-spirituality, Mysticism as the Crossing of Ultimate Boundaries, Wayne Teasdale, William Keepin, The Mystical Core of Organized Religion, David Steindl-Rast,
I’m afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery. – Aldous Huxley – Those Barren Leaves (1925). – cf –
Ibn Arabi- I believe in the Religion of love – .wmv